We use contracts and agreements for a lot of daily transactions. Most of the times, in years past, all you needed was a hand shake. I understand that in some of the third world countries a hand shake is still binding. Now we are going to discuss a Life Purpose Statement.
There is a lot of material in this process. First we look at the definition of Life Purpose Statement. These are the five essentials you must do in preparing this Live Purpose Statement. Doing this statement will help you keep your committment to God and not stray away. Rick Warren, in The Purpose Driven Life gives these five essentials:
1) It is a statement that summarizes God’s purpose for your life. It is not a list of goals. Goals are temporary – purposes are eternal.
2) It is a statement that points the direction of your life. The statement should not only point out only the good things you are going to do but also the bad things you do now.
3) It is a statement that defines success for you.
4) It is a statement that clarifies your roles. Your roles change in your life as you advance in years and your abilities.
5) It is a statement that expresses your shape. Your shape is the unique way God made you to serve Him.
People struggle with life’s questions:
Identity – Whom am I?
Importance – Do I matter?
Impact – What is my place in life?
Tomorrow we look the five greatest questions:
Begin thinking about these questions and with tomorrow’s blog will show you how to write your Life Statement.